• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Severe HPPD

Psichedelic

Bluelighter
For about 8 months now I have had a horrible case of HPPD, where there is a non-physical wall between me and everything I see composed of small dots that are similar to colored static on an old television screen. Are there any ways to alleviate this, as it has begun to cause me emotional stress.

Homeless- I don't know where to put this.

Thank you!

Unfortunately there is no way to eliminate this effect. In some people in becomes more and more subtle over time until it is gone, and in others it is permanent. Try not to panic. Even if it stays with you for life, it's not going to ruin your ability to see. For now, I recommend trying to shift your perspective on it to being something enjoyable. Sometimes those dots can make things magical.

They are always fun to watch, and I was born with visual snow. But as of late they have been fairly bad, night time is always an enjoyable experience though.

Relax in the face of HPPD. Ruminating and fixating heightens this condition, remember it should become less noticeable over time although that time might be long, it's largely dependent on you and the drugs you have taken. Eat well, exercise and be healthy. Focus on keeping yourself relaxed, occupied, contented and well. Look into the world of herbal medicine; in my experience, Ginkgo biloba and Passiflora incarnata can help.

For about 8 months now I have had a horrible case of HPPD, where there is a non-physical wall between me and everything I see composed of small dots that are similar to colored static on an old television screen. Are there any ways to alleviate this, as it has begun to cause me emotional stress.

Homeless- I don't know where to put this.

Thank you!

Most people have this, I wouldn't worry about it